Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We have a Contact Us Form on our website. In order to use this form we ask you for your name, email address and telephone number in order for us to reply to your enquiry.
When you buy goods or services from us, you are entering into a contract with us. We will ask you for the following Personal Information:
- Full Name
- Contact Numbers
- Email Address
- Your Caravan/Motorhome Make, Model, Year and Serial/CRIS Registration Number
When you Hire a Motorhome from us we will ask you for the following Personal Information:
- Full Name
- Contact Numbers
- Email Address
- National Insurance Number
- Driving Licence Number
- Date of Birth
How do we use your information?
Data Protection Legislation states that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a legitimate reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of the following reasons:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. Purchase of a caravan
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as CRIS Registration Scheme
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Please find a list below detailing the ways that we may use your personal information, and the reason as described above. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
What Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd use your personal information for Our Reason Legitimate Interests
Purchase of Goods or Services Contract N/A
Manage your account/ provide customer services to you / Register your caravan with CRIS and or Caravan Manufacturers Legitimate Interests / Legal Obligations Keeping our accounts up to date, handling customer enquries/complaints / For warranties / product recalls, Service reminders
Our annual caravan show invitation Legitimate Interests To invite our customers to our annual caravan show by postal invitation
Who we share your information with and why
Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd work with a number of trusted Suppliers/Manufacturers, Agencies and businesses.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- Payment processing
Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
- Delivery Partners
In order for you to receive goods via post, Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) will arrange for a delivery company to deliver your goods, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- Supplier / Manufacturers
Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd will register the purchase of a new caravan with the Manufacturer of that caravan in order to comply with their Warranty Terms & Conditions and for them to keep you up dated with product recalls etc
Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd will register the purchase of your caravan with CRIS, the Central Registration & Identification Scheme who will hold your details as the new keeper of the caravan you have purchased from ourselves.
- Finance Companies
Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd will provide Blackhorse Finance Ltd with your personal information if you have applied for finance with them through ourselves.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
How long do we hold on to personal data?
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. HMRC require us to keep records for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to, or longer if:
- they show a transaction that covers more than one of the company’s accounting periods
- the company has bought something that it expects to last more than 6 years
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us on 01592 774265
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Wallace Caravans (Kirkcaldy) Ltd uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar
Google anaylitcs is used on our site. Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser.